30 September 2015, 1 and 2 October 2015,
Participants will learn about key strategies and practices in impact investing. Impact investing focuses on creating positive environmental and social impact next to generating financial return. This investment approach can be applied to different fields such as microfinance, SME Finance, healthcare, education, food security, housing/real estate and social entrepreneurship.
This course is for finance and investment professionals interested in impact investing, for example: banks, pension funds, insurance companies, institutional investors, foundations, family offices and NGOs.
- Deepen your knowledge of the theoretical foundations of impact investing.
- Learn about impact investment policies and implementation.
- Learn about the potential outcomes of impact investing in terms of financial returns, diversification, risks, social output and outcomes.
- Learn more about the most relevant and viable impact investment themes.
- Deepen your understanding of monitoring processes and measuring impact.
Faculty and guest speakers
This top-rated programme will be taught and facilitated by prof. dr. Harry Hummels, professor at Maastricht University and Managing Director of SNS Impact Investing and dr. Jaap Bos, finance professor and a leading expert on the risks-returns of impact investments.
- Vivina Berla, Sarona Asset Management;
- Frank van Beuningen, Founder Pymwymic
- Peter Borgdorff, Director. Pension Fund Care and Wellbeing (PFZW)
- Ruurd Brouwer, Director Director FMO (The Dutch Development Bank);
- Michelle Giddens, Managing Partner, Bridges Ventures;
- Marilou van Golstein Brouwers, Managing Director Triodos Investment Management
- Dr. Uli Grabenwarter, Head of Strategic Development, European Investment Fund
- Paulus Ingram, Senior Portfolio Manager APG
- Luther M. Ragin, CEO of the Global Impact Investing Network and lecturer at Harvard;
- Jasper Snoek, CFO-Executive Director, DOEN Foundation;
- Laurie Spengler, President and CEO Enclude
- Brad Swanson, Partner at Developing World Market.